2/1/08

I am 17 years old and i got caught doing 50 in a 35 and less than a week later 60 in a 45 how much do you think my tickets will cost and do think i wi

Answer 1:
I got one in a 45 zone and was sited for 56 mph. The bill came in at $140. An additional $30 fee if I want to go to traffic school to erase the point. Traffic school is another fee and depends on the school. I found one for $24 and is an online course.


Answer 2:
I just received a ticket in San Diego, California for going 84 in a 65...$273.00 bail, $24.95 traffic school; total = $297.95.


Answer 3:
I got stopped doing 85 in a 65 zone on the 101. Total ticket was $213.84.


Answer 4:
I just a got a Ticket Speeding Ticket off of San Diego, between El Centro and Yuma , the officer clocked me at 92MPH, yet you only put me down for 85 on a 70zone. Ok so I calculated the 86 and the 65 = 273. Which is 21miles over the speed limit, which in 13 dollars per those 21 miles = 273. SO in my Case I was recorded for 15 miles over the Speed limit so I will probably pay about $195 plus $20 -$30, for traffic school. I can pay it, and also do the traffic school , and will not get reported, and must not get another speeding ticket , for the next 18 months otherwise is goes on your record. Am I correct.


Answer 5:
I was on I-15, west bound just 20minutes outside of Baker,CA.... I'm not use to the Mountain driving, I saw the trooper ahead, eased on my brakes, as I was about to pass him, I was doing 95. It was stupid I know, but he did indeed write me up for 90+ in a 70. I was told it would be around $250 per the officer. Another thing, maybe I should fly back out to Cali, he put my temporary (not legal) Michigan address on the ticket, city of Ann Arbor (Michigan), but acknowledged it as in the State of Florida (my drivers license).....I may have a case


Answer 6:
i got a ticket on the I 10 for going 110 in a 70 zone, was told it would be around $600. let you know in 3 weeks. COST ME 420$ AND A MONTH SUSPENSION ON LICENSE AND 2 POINTS ON RECORD. IF YOU GET A JUDGE PRO TEM, REQUEST A REGULAR JUDGE--------- TRUST ME!


Answer 7:
A 91 ticket in a 65 zone on the 395 N just south of Bishop, CA slapped me for exactly $350.


Answer 8:
Out of Staters, from: http://www.inyocourt.ca.gov/

"Vehicle Code Section 40902 allows a defendant to contest citations in writing, without having to make a personal court appearance. This procedure is called a "trial by declaration." Trial by written declaration are available in cases involving infraction violations of the Vehicle Code or of local ordinances adopted under the Vehicle Code."

I'm not sure if this is a regional vehicle code, or a state code. But definitely worth investigating.


Answer 9:
just a few nights ago i got a speeding ticket going uphill for doing 72 in a 45 in Torrance Cali on Hawthorne blv. luckily since it was really late at night and no-one was around he didn't get me for reckless driving. im fearing the total outcome to be over 500 but from the sound of things i may not have to worry too much. we'll see


Answer 10:
Well if you are smart you will get a traffic court attorney. I got 2 tickets one week apart FROM THE SAME COP! Well they were 45 in a 30 and 42 in a 30. yeah, same road and yes, same spot. Well the cop told me they would be around 225 each plus court fees and insurance premium raise. And I got an attorney for 200 each ticket. so I only paid 400, so....better look into it. you don't have to go to court and you don't have the hassle of nothing else


Answer 11:
I was going 45MPH in a 25MPH zone and my bail was 846.00!


Answer 12:
I got a 97mph on a 65 mph on South I-15 entering Escondido, how much will the citation be.? plus i also got cited for front side tinted windows and my license plate missing from my front bumper, but those were fix it tickets so i fixed them


isn't speeding fun.
"I was going 45MPH in a 25MPH zone and my bail was 846.00!"

I wonder why it was so much.

I got one for doing 80 in a 65 zone on the 405, the cop wouldn't even give me an estimate. I read somewhere it would be $370 or more...but after this I hope it's less, I'm not exactly Bill Gates. Thank Jesus for cheap online traffic school. It's almost been two weeks, I'll update on the cost when I get the letter in the mail. But let me get this right:

When I choose to go to traffic school, I don't have to go to court (or do I still need to?), my ticket will be dismissed, and my insurance costs won't go up, right?

.edit $114.00 for bail...$39.00 more for traffic school, but I still have to pay for enrollment of a traffic school, which I don't really understand, but hey, it's a lot less than I imagined.


speeding too
I got a ticket yesterday (holiday) for going 92 in a 65 (on hwy65 near Marysville). I have no idea how much this will cost, but I'm hearing that if the speed is 25+ more than the speed limit that you can NOT take traffic school. I don't know how accurate this info is. Also, from the same friend, I heard that if I fill out a "trial by written declaration" form that I don't have to go all the way out there for court, and can plead not guilty. If the judge decides that I am guilty, then I can also ask to have traffic school as an option. I guess the court can override that 25mph limit on traffic school...

Has anyone ever done something like this?

I have no idea what to expect for a ticket like this. I'm just glad my front windows were both down (dark tint), and he didn't go towards the front of my car (no front plate). I was really going about 140, but the cop couldn't get me with his radar 'til I slowed down a bit. I know it's near the end of the month (near quota time), and it was a holiday weekend - I shouldn't have been going that fast anyway. Following boats and RVs on a one lane highway sucks - DON'T GO TOO FAST!!!


Answer 13:
I've only been caught once, going 106 in a 65. Too bad he didn't get me on his radar. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE COPS!! The new radars they have these days, automatically print out tickets for speeding, If they say you were going (whatever speed) so fast, request to see proof. If they really caught you, they will have a printed ticket in hand. Otherwise they are lying.

I got let off with a warning :)



Answer 14:

I-395 going north 10 miles south of Bishop. Doing 105 mph in 65 mph limit. Clear highway. No traffic in both directions. $416. Traffic School Denied. Ouch!

No comments: